Spam is a ongoing issue for business but it does not have to be.
- Use temporary email services when surfing the internet
- Use business grade spam filtering on your company email accounts
- Block images by using a email client like Outlook as these act as web beacons to the sender letting them know when you have read an email.
- Don't use unsubscribe links on unknown senders as they may have the opposite effect.
- Don't forward chain emails.
- Read the terms and conditions of the site you are signing up to.
- Never reply to spam emails.